Leading mobile publishing platform company is positioned for continued expansion into 2017
Arlington, VA — January 11, 2017. Mobile Posse, one of the world’s largest mobile publishers, today announced strong growth for the year ended December 31, 2016.
- Revenues grew a record 77% year-over-year based on strong market demand, increased distribution, optimized ad revenues, and new product introductions.
- EBITDA increased by over 75% on revenue growth and improved gross margin.
- Headcount rose by 67% during 2016, including software engineers, advertising operations, and product managers.
- In the last half of the year, the company added 13 new members to its Engineering team, including Android developers, data scientists, data engineers, and server engineers with cloud experience.
- Office space expanded by 58%, with a move into new headquarters in Arlington, VA in October.
- In Q4 2016, Mobile Posse delivered mobile advertising campaigns for 76 of Ad Age‘s top 100 leading national advertisers.
- Mobile Posse was chosen as a finalist for Washington DC’s Best Technology Work Culture by Tech in Motion.
“Mobile Posse generated a second consecutive year of 70%+ revenue growth in 2016. This was driven by our proven sales and distribution model, and consumer delight with the quality of our content experience,” says Jon Jackson, Chief Executive Officer of Mobile Posse.
Since the company’s inception in 2005, Mobile Posse’s mobile content delivery platform has delivered more than 60 billion content experiences directly to consumer home screens. The solution helps mobile carriers drive user engagement, boost monetization, and enhance audience development.
MARKET MOMENTUM CONTINUES INTO 2017
Based on its strong performance in 2016 and continued demand for its solution, Mobile Posse is on track to achieve continued growth and expansion in 2017, including expectations for:
- Continued explosive growth in distribution and revenue
- Headcount expansion of 45%, particularly in the software engineering arena
- An additional doubling of office space
About Mobile Posse
Mobile Posse is revolutionizing consumer engagement on the most valuable real estate on mobile phones – the home screen. We’re building on a business-proven and consumer-friendly platform that has delivered more than 60 billion messages to help mobile carriers, smartphone device manufacturers, and advertisers generate new revenue and drive the highest consumer engagement possible. Mobile Posse is headquartered in Arlington, VA.