Usage Information Collection and Use
The information we collect from your use of the Services include:
- The IP address when you access the Services
- If you are on a mobile device, your general location
- Time Zone
- Your device’s operating system
- Your interaction with the Services
- If you respond to or share any promotions or articles
- Browser type
- Network connection and network speed
- Applications that you may download
- Data from cookies on your device
- Your name, email address and other information you give us if you contact us for customer support, questions about our Services, or if you sign up for our newsletters.
We will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (ii) where we need to contact you for customer support and to respond to your inquiries; (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests to provide the Service to you; or (iv) where we have your consent to do so.
We use “cookies, “pixel tags” and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that can be read by a web server in the domain that put the cookie on your hard drive. A pixel tag is a small graphic file that allows us to measure the use of Service. Pixel tags allow us to collect information such as IP address of the device that downloaded the page on which the tag appears, the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears, the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag is viewed, and the identification number (the long string of characters) of any cookie previously placed by that server on your device.
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and compile analytics. These may include third-party web beacons, which are prohibited from collecting your personal information.
You can adjust your browser controls to block and delete cookies.
Our Use of Your Information
We may use your personally identifiable information to (1) to deliver the Services, including its content, products, services and offers, (2) to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Services, and for marketing and promotional purposes, (3) to provide you with information about our services if you contact us or sign up for information or newsletters; (4) to help address problems with and the functioning of the Service and (4) protect the security and integrity of the Service.
Our Use of Technical Information
We will use your technical information to analyze statistically site usage and to customize the Services, content, layout and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share aggregate, non-personal information with our related companies, consultants, advertising clients, advertising agencies, and other third parties regarding performance of our Services. We may share your personal information with other parties in the following circumstances:
- If you have provided your consent by responding to our information requests.
- To our related companies, consultants, advertising clients, advertising agencies and other third parties when disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us.
- If we determine that there has been a violation of the Terms of Service.
- To protect the security and integrity of the Applications, the Service, and your use of the Service.
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities or in connection with an investigative matter related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- We may transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which we transfer substantially all of our assets. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your information, we will provide notice about the choices you have before such transfer takes effect.
We operate in the USA
We operate the Services from the United States for users in the USA. Our Service currently is not designed to provide services to users outside the USA. If you provide your information to us, be aware you are doing so on the basis that you explicitly consent to the transfer of your personal information to the USA.
Use of Third Party Services
You have the option to discontinue the collection and use of your personal information by contacting us and making a request via email to email@example.com. This opt out only applies to the Services, and does not apply to cookies, pixel tags or web beacons used by third party publishers, advertisers or ad networks on your devices.
We recognize the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s mobile activities and interests. The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. Mobile Posse does not target its services to children under 13. Mobile Posse does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Accessing your Information
In order to help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your credentials (e-mail address and password). The appropriate method(s) for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites or services you have used. You may update your information at any time by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continuously strive to implement and update procedural and technological security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Mobile Posse may use firewalls, password protection, encryption and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. We have policies and procedures in place to limit access and to protect your information. We host information on servers that are certified for compliance with industry standards such as ISO 27001, 27017 and 27018.
Mobile Posse, Inc.
1010 N Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22201
Your California Privacy Rights: California privacy law allows California residents to obtain specific disclosures about a business’s privacy practices if it shares information with other companies for direct marketing purposes. To make a request to Mobile Posse under California’s privacy law, please send an e-mail to: CalPrivacy@mobileposse.com.
Last Update: 20 March 2019