Thank you for using Mobile Posse’s services and applications.
Usage Information Collection and Use
We use “cookies” and “pixel tags.” Cookies are small text files that can be read by a web server in the domain that put the cookie on your hard drive. A pixel tag is a small graphic file that allows us to measure the use of Services. Pixel tags allow us to collect information such as IP address of the device that downloaded the page on which the tag appears, the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears, the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag is viewed, and the identification number (the long string of characters) of any cookie previously placed by that server on your device.
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and compile analytics. These may include third-party web beacons, which are prohibited from collecting your personal information.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including:
- Browser controls to block and delete cookies;
- Advertising controls as we describe below; and
- Controls from some analytics providers to opt out of data collection in web beacons.
We may combine all of the information described above with the unique identifier of your device.
We collect certain technical information from our users, such as, the type of software, browsers and devices being used to access the Services and the type of Internet or wireless access used to connect to our Services. If you elect to activate our client software on your mobile device, the software periodically communicates with our servers to verify the status of your account. In addition, we also receive certain non-personally identifiable information from our advertisers, ad networks and publisher partners, and we may combine this information with what we have collected from our users.
Location Based Services
Use of Usage Information
We may use your personally identifiable information to (1) conduct customer satisfaction surveys; (2) to deliver the Services, including its content, products, services and offers: (3) to deliver information you have requested; (4) to customize your Services, such as, by providing you with personalized content, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you; (5) to provide location based services to you, such as location-targeted offers and localized search results; (6) to help us better understand and improve the use of the Services; (7) to help address problems with and the functioning of the Services; (8) to monitor and conduct internal review of the Services; (9) to protect the security and integrity of the Services for you and our systems; and (9) to contact you, if necessary or at your request.
We may combine usage information that we collect with information collected from our third-party partners to assemble non-personal, demographic and behavioral information to group users that share a common interest into “audience segments.” These audience segments do not contain personally identifiable information; for example, these segments may disclose that a user located in a geographic area may be interested in home appliances, but this information does not identify or include the name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, or user name of any specific individual. We will use these audience segments (a) to match advertisements that may be of interest to our users that fall within that segment and (b) to assist our advertisers, ad networks, carriers and publisher web sites to deliver advertisements and offers that may be of interest to users within a given segment.
Use of Technical Information
We will use your technical information to analyze statistically site usage and to customize the Services, content, layout and services. We may also use third-party analytics services to collect, monitor and analyze the non-personally identifiable information collected as described above. This information will allow us to improve our services, provide content and offers of more interest to you, and better understand and serve our users.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Mobile Posse may share aggregate, non-personal information with our related companies, consultants, advertising clients, advertising agencies, carriers and other third parties. Mobile Posse may share your personal information with other parties in the following circumstances:
- If you have provided your consent by responding to our information requests.
- To the wireless carrier who is providing a carrier-brand version of the Applications to you.
- To our related companies, consultants, advertising clients, advertising agencies and other third parties when disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us. These companies are under confidentiality agreements and are prohibited from making any other use or disclosure of your personal information.
- If we determine that there has been a violation of the Terms of Service.
- If we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with our right or property, other users of the Services or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- To protect the security and integrity of the Applications, the Services, and your use of the Services.
- To respond to judicial processes and provide information to law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities or in connection with an investigative matter related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- To provide information to a company that acquires, is acquired by or is merged with Mobile Posse. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to any company or organization except we may transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which Mobile Posse participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Mobile Posse’s assets to which the Services relates. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your information, we will provide notice about the choices you have before such transfer takes effect.
We may share non-aggregate, non-personally identifiable usage information, including audience segments, with third party advertisers, publishers and carriers to assist them and us in delivering relevant, targeted advertising that is aligned with user interests. For example, these companies may use such information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. Your preferences collected through this process may be used to influence which types of marketing messages you receive across sites that we work with.
We may also share aggregate statistical information about our services with advertisers, publishers and carriers. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third parties.
Tailored Advertising; Do Not Track
At this time, we do not offer a “do not track” browser option for our Services. However, we offer you choices about our use of your information as provided below.
You have the option to discontinue the collection and use of your personal information by (a) following the instructions you received when you set up any Service or by uninstalling our client software or (b) by contacting us and making a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt out only applies to the Services, and does not apply to cookies, pixel tags or web beacons used by third party publishers, carriers, advertisers or ad networks on your devices.
Mobile Posse recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s mobile activities and interests. The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. Mobile Posse does not target its services to children under 13. Mobile Posse does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Accessing your Information
In order to help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your credentials (e-mail address and password). The appropriate method(s) for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites or services you have used. You may update you information at any time by sending an inquiry to email@example.com.
We may employ procedural and technological security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Mobile Posse may use firewalls, password protection, encryption and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Mobile Posse, Inc.
1010 N Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22201
Your California Privacy Rights: California privacy law allows California residents to obtain specific disclosures about a business’s privacy practices if it shares information with other companies for direct marketing purposes. To make a request to Mobile Posse under California’s privacy law, please send an e-mail to: CalPrivacy@mobileposse.com.
Last Updated: 22 November 2016